Idaho is a state with a great potential for renewable energy sources, such as hydroelectric, wind, solar, biomass and geothermal energy. Renewable energy is energy that can be replenished during the life of a human being and does not run out. On the other hand, finite energy resources are found on Earth and have to be collected and refined for use. An example of this is Avista's Kettle Falls Generating Station, the first power plant of its kind built in the United States with the sole purpose of producing electricity from waste wood.
This power plant has been generating renewable and reliable energy since 1983. Solar energy can also have a positive impact on the environment when photovoltaic solar panels are used to replace other energy sources that have a major impact on the environment. Additionally, biomass can be converted into a carbon-neutral energy source if plants that are the source of biomass for energy capture almost the same amount of CO2 through photosynthesis while growing as that released when biomass is burned. Renewable sources have started to increase in the last 20 years, but traditional (non-renewable) biofuels still dominate global energy consumption. In Post Falls, Idaho, it is essential to understand how much natural gas is produced from non-renewable sources each year. In order to answer this question, it is necessary to look at the data provided by the Idaho Public Utilities Commission (IPUC). According to their data, natural gas production in Post Falls has been steadily increasing over the past few years.
In 2019, natural gas production in Post Falls was estimated at 1.3 billion cubic feet per day (Bcf/d). This number is expected to rise in 2020 due to increased demand for natural gas in the area. It is also important to note that natural gas production in Post Falls is mainly from non-renewable sources. According to IPUC data, approximately 95% of natural gas production in Post Falls comes from non-renewable sources such as coalbed methane and shale gas. The remaining 5% comes from renewable sources such as biogas. In conclusion, natural gas production in Post Falls, Idaho is primarily from non-renewable sources.
In 2019, natural gas production was estimated at 1.3 Bcf/d and is expected to increase in 2020 due to increased demand for natural gas in the area.